Symbol – TSX-V: RUU
April 30, 2010
In February of this year, Stans Energy Corp.’s 100% owned subsidiary, Stans Energy Kg, retained the services of a number of local contractors to assist the company in the development of Kutessay II and the exploration of the Aktyuz Ore Field (AOF). The responsibilities of each contractor in the implementation of our comprehensive program are as follows:
- Complete a JORC resource estimate for Kutessay II, to confirm the Kyrgyz State Reserve Committee’s historic reserve estimate with 3D modelling of the deposit. Open pit mining recommendations will be included – Kazakhstan Mineral Company Ltd., Bishkek Branch
- Underground drift resampling to confirm Kutessay II historic adit sampling and drilling data – Tien Shan Gold Ltd.
- Conduct a review of the technology used in the existing mill and Plant 1 of the Kyrgyz Chemical & Metallurgical Plant (KCMP) to propose recommendations for improvements of the previous rare earth element (REE) concentrate production process – Information and Research Centre Ltd. (Certified Laboratory)
- Develop an exploration program for REE mineralization of the AOF – Asiarudproject Corporation
- Prepare a summary of the AOF historic geological, geophysical and geochemical data and plan the summer geophysical and drilling program – Tien Shan Ltd.
As of April 20th, Stans has received reports with recommendations for items 3-5 above. The 3D model of the existing pit and ore body has been developed and the existing drift and cross cuts at 2263 m in elevation have been opened for re-sampling. Based on the information provided in the reports and work done to date, the following 2010 summer program will be completed to plan the redevelopment of the Kutessay II mine:
- Initial prospecting program on the known REE mineralized zones of the AOF to identify and confirm drill targets.
- Detailed geophysical program to determine the shape and size of the Kutessay II deposit below the 2213 m horizon. The geophysical results will be used to evaluate other known targets in the AOF.
- Deep drilling under the 2213 m horizon of Kutessay II to confirm and possibly expand the historical REE tonnage estimate.
- Bulk sampling of stockpiles in the Kutessay II pit, sampling of the 2263 m adit and core sampling from the drill holes planned above. Under the supervision of Dr. V Kosynkin, Information and Research Centre Ltd. will use these samples to conduct milling, recovery and concentrate upgrade tests.
- Dr. V. Kosynkin will assess and make recommendations for any technological and/or efficiency improvements for KCMP. Included will be a recommendation for the KCMP’s possible integration with the overall Kutessay II mine re-development program.
Stans Energy Corp. expects to have the results of these programs by the fall, at which time, the company will proceed with a feasibility study under the supervision of its Advisory Board.
The scientific and technical information in this document was prepared in accordance with National Instrument 43-101 – Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects (“NI 43-101”) and was reviewed, verified and compiled by Stans Energy Corp.’s geological and mining staff under the supervision of the company’s qualified person, Dr. Gennady Savchenko, Managing Director, Stans Energy KG.
Stans Energy Corp. has approved the issuance of 900,000 stock options, priced at $0.32 per share with an expiry date of April 29, 2015, to consultants and Stans Energy KG employees subject to TSX-V exchange approval.
The board and management of Stans Energy Corp. express our condolences to all those who lost family members, as well as those who were injured during the events of recent weeks in the Kyrgyz Republic. Stans Energy is committed to working with the new government of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Please visit Stans Energy’s website – www.stansenergy.com for additional information, or contact:
President and CEO, Stans Energy Corp.
Ph. 647 426 1865
Manager Investor Relations, Stans Energy Corp
Ph. 647 426 1865