Stans Energy Corp. has acquired a mining licence for the former producing Rare Earth Elements (REEs) mine, Kutessay II, in Kyrgyzstan. The following important facts pertain to Kutessay II:
- Former producing REEs open-pit mine
- Previously produced 80% of the former Soviet Union’s REEs from 1960-1991
- 30 years of proven metallurgy, with approximately 65% recovery
- Good infrastructure, rail line 43 km away, electrical power on site, and the mine is located 140 km by paved road from Kyrgyzstan’s capital city of Bishkek
- Contains all 15 REEs and formerly produced every REE at purities up to 99.99%
- Light Rare Earth Elements (LREEs) to Heavy Rare Earth Elements (HREEs) ratio of approximately 50/50
- Kutessay II concentrate was refined into 120 different REE compounds
- Abundance of qualified labour live in the area
Stans Energy Corp. acquired 100% of the Kutessay II deposit along with 100% of the Kalesay Beryllium deposit from the Government of Kyrgyzstan for $855,000 US by acquiring 100% of “Kutisay Mining” on the Central Asian Stock Exchange.
Stans Energy Corp. has commenced a feasibility study on restarting production at Kutessay II. A NI 43-101 report will be done in conjunction with the feasibility study. Stans will be working with the original Russian engineering institutes that designed the mine, mill and processing plants to modernize the efficiency of producing the end products that were mined. There is a vast database on this past-producing mine and Stans is in the process of translating the information so it can be made available to investors.
Kutessay II produced all 15 REEs along with Lead, Zinc, Silver, Bismuth, Molybdenum, Thorium, Tin, and Copper. Kutessay II also has Niobium, Tantalum, and Hafnium.
Rodney Irwin, Chairman of Stans Energy, former Canadian Ambassador to Russia and current Honorary Consul for the Kyrgyz Republic to Canada states, “This is a great opportunity for both the people of Kyrgyzstan and the shareholders of Stans Energy to benefit from the development of this World Class Asset.”
Dr Gennady Savchenko QP for Stans Energy and Managing Director of Stans Energy KG was Deputy Chief, Department of Geology & Investment, Kyrgyz State Geology & Mineral Resources Agency; member of Kyrgyz State Mineral Reserves Committee.
Stans Energy Corp. has a new website www.stansenergy.com that provides additional information on the company and all of its projects, including the acquisition of Kutessay II.
President and CEO, Stans Energy Corp.
Ph. 647 426 1865
Manager Investor Relations, Stans Energy Corp
Ph. 647 426 1865