Boris Aryev, Chief Operating Officer of Stans Energy Corp. (TSX-V: HRE, OTCQX: HREEF), (“Stans” or the “Company”), is pleased to report that, as part of its ongoing operational testing at the Kashka Rare Earth Processing Plant (KRP), the company has produced dysprosium, terbium and gadolinium metals from its metals fabrication facilities. Listed below are the quantities and purities of metal fabrication results:
|Rare Earth Metal||Weight (Kg)||Purity||FOB Metal Price (USD)||FOB Oxide Price (USD)|
*Rare Earth prices taken from www.asianmetal.com on October 4th, 2012
Dysprosium metal was created using a select quantity of the 99.95% dysprosium oxide produced in July (See July 12th press release for details). Gadolinium and terbium metals were produced from intermediate products remaining from historical production.
An extensive refurbishment and upgrade program has been ongoing at KRP. Select infrastructure improvements at the Kutessay II mine site have also been completed. The following is a summary of works finished to date:
• Repair and reconstruction of arc furnaces for rare earth metal production
• Work in storehouse for liquid reagents as per requirements for storage of toxic substances
• Permit approval from the Department of Drug Control and Usage for chemical reagents procurement and use in production process
• Installation of equipment at the ferrite chloride dissolution site
• Installation of equipment for filtration of oxalates of medium REE concentrates
• Installation of equipment at carbonate dissolution site
• Cleaning of 2,200 m sewage system
• Metallothermy site glazing
• Telecommunication, IT build out, and lighting installations
• Lifting beam crane repairs
• Maintenance and repair of window ventilation systems
• Repair of roofing of administrative and household building at the Kutessay II mine site
Boris Aryev, Chief Operating Officer of Stans Energy said, “Our operational testing for Heavy Rare Earth Elements at KRP is proceeding on schedule. Our company has demonstrated the capability to produce not only oxides, but also metals, which command a significant premium to oxide prices. This achievement represents a substantial milestone in our corporate development. Stans has confirmed its capability to produce a wide variety of finished products, which are crucial to secure off take agreements and ultimately, project financing. I would personally like to congratulate KRP’s Director General, Mr. Victor Kashtanov, and his entire team on their achievements thus far.
About Stans Energy
Stans Energy Corp. is a resource development company focused on progressing Heavy Rare Earth (HRE) properties in areas of the Former Soviet Union. In December 2009, Stans acquired a 20-year mining license for the past-producing Kutessay II rare earth mine from the Kyrgyz Republic. On May 26, 2011 Stans completed the purchase of the Kashka Rare Earth Processing Plant (KRP) the same plant that previously refined REEs historically from Kutessay II. The KRP was the only hard rock plant to produce all rare earth elements outside of China, producing 120 different metals, alloys, and oxides. For over 30 years, Kutessay II produced 80% of the rare earth metals for the former Soviet Union.
We seek safe harbour.
President & CEO
Investor Relations, The Buick Group